Christmas Pudding Vodka
Christmas pudding Vodka is the perfect tipple when slaving over decorating the Christmas cake.
Best served chilled either from the fridge or preferably kept in the freezer.
- 3 days steeping
- 15 minutes straining
- 1 large bowl
- Muslin cloth or jelly/jam straining bag
- 1-2 bottles
- 300g mixed dried fruit (sultanas, raisins, currants)
- 2 Cinnamon sticks
- 2 tsps ground mixed spice
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 6 Cloves
- 75g light brown Sugar
- Orange zest finely grated
- Lemon zest finely grated
- 1 litre Vodka
- Place the fruit, cinnamon sticks, mixed spice, nutmeg, cloves, sugar and zests in a large bowl
- Pour over the Vodka
- Stir well ensuring all on the fruit is soaking in Vodka
- Place cling film over the bowl
- Stir each day for 3 days
- Sterilise the bottles; wash in warm soapy water, rinse and place in a warm oven to dry
- Secure the muslin cloth over a bowl and gently pour the mixture
- Place the fruit into another bowl in preparation to make mincemeat (recipe to follow)
- Pour the Vodka into your prepare bottles
This can be consumed straight after straining, but I recommend leaving for at least 1 week to allow the flavours to mature in the Vodka.
Thank you to the Hairy Bikers for inspiring this recipe and my husband for all of his quality control testing.